Saturday, January 3, 2015

On being a Korean man's wife

So I taught English in Korea for 3 years. I love Korea so much. I consider it my home now. I could be a travel guide for Seoul, I swear .

I love being a korea man's wife. I feel like I tell people all the time that after living in Korea for about 6 months,  I just caught yellow fever,and I couldn't get rid of it.

1.  People ask me all the time: what is the difference between Korean man and other men?

I think that Korean men are a bit more, and I don't want to say feminine, but they are definitely more high maintenance.  Although my husband has lived in Ameica for so long, he is not anymore. He hardly fixes his hair, unless we're going somewhere special, but Korean men, in general, really care about their hair, and their skin. I've had Korean boyfriends in the past that cared more about their appearance than I did. They took longer in the bathroom than I did. I think Korean men are a bit more shy and not as forward as Western men, from my experience.  

2. How my ideal man changed over time.

My ideal man has become very different over the years. (Well now it's my husband) Instead of getting weak in the knees over white dudes, like Ryan Gosling, or Chris Hemsworth,(I mean please I still think these guys are hot too), but I was more into So Ji Sub, Kim Rae Won, and Steven Yeun and other Asian men (particularly Korean). 

Kim Rae Won
So Ji Sub
 Steven Yeun

3. How my taste in food has changed.

When I first got to Korea, I would barely touch any of the food. It all looked so strange to this meat and potatoes, country girl. But just like the men, Korean food is an acquired taste and quickly becomes addictive. Now every meal consists of rice and kimchi at our house. My favorite things to make are galbi (Korean bbq) and the stews. (Kimchi Jiggae with added meats, Soy bean stew, bijijiggae, gamjatang) I will post some recipes soonish. 

Please comment with any questions you have about my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment